For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is First Scottish Group Limited being a company registered in Scotland under company number SC204657 and having its registered office at c/o First Scottish, St Davids House, St Davids Drive, Dalgety Bay, KY11 9NB. Any personal data and sensitive personal data provided to us via this site will be held on our database and all processing of the personal data and sensitive personal data will be done in accordance with the Act. For the avoidance of doubt, the terms “personal data”, “sensitive personal data” and “processing” will have the meanings afforded to them in the Act. By using our site and/or submitting information to us you consent to the collection and use of your information in accordance with the conditions.
When requested in writing we will provide you with a copy of any personal information gathered through our site about you. We reserve the right to charge any applicable statutory fee for providing such information at our discretion. If instructed to do so we will remove your personal information from our database or correct any errors in the personal information held by us. All such requests should be addressed to Alan Beesley –email@example.com.
We do not release, sell or lease any personal information about you as an individual to any organisation out with the First Scottish Group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985. We may from time to time communicate information about our products and services to you. If you do not want us to use your personal information in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your personal information (the order form).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the First Scottish Group. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If First Scottish Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
When requested in writing we will provide you with a copy of any personal information gathered through this site about you. We reserve the right to charge any applicable statutory fee for providing such information at our discretion. If instructed to do so we will remove you and your personal information from our database or correct any errors in the personal information held by us. Please contact: Alan Beesley, Data Protection Officer –firstname.lastname@example.org
We may obtain information about your use of our site by using a cookie file, which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. This helps us improve our service to you. You can disable the cookies we attach if your browser supports this. However, this may result in you being unable to use some parts of our site.
ENFORCEABILITY AND JURISDICTION If any of the conditions should be determined illegal or unenforceable then to the extent it is illegal or unenforceable it shall be deleted and the remaining conditions shall survive in full force and effect. The conditions and any relationship established with you via this site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scots Law and any disputes arising shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.